Mattias Persson is born in 1972 and lives in the Malmö area of Sweden, he has trained martial arts for more than 42 years.
- Founded M.A.T.T Combatives in 2007.
- Europe’s only fully licensed AMOK! Combatives instructor.
- Developed HAMR Self Defence in 2014.
- Developed the Defencestick and Defencestick courses in 2014.
- Traditional arts instructor.
Mattias Persson has taught over 300 workshops around Europe teaching all kinds of different people: civilians, corporate personnel, traditional arts instructors and law enforcement personnel and has gotten a strong following in Europe. and in Asia
In 2004 Mattias Joined AMOK! Combatives. Became an instructor in 2008 after training intensely with Tom Sotis the founder of AMOK! Combatives for 4 years. Mattias still trains regularly with Tom. Once or twice a year Mattias host AMOK! workshops with Tom Sotis in Sweden.
Mattias Persson is the only person in Europe who can develop licensed AMOK! Core Skills trainers, AMOK! trainers and AMOK! instructors.
He always looking for the best solutions and methods and constantly researching new material.
Mattias Persson’s traditional arts
2004 and on
- Pencak Silat various styles, among Pencak Silat Anyar Cimande Buhun.
- 1978-1982 Greco-Roman style wrestling.
- 1982-1985 Judo.
- 1985-1988 Karate, Boxing, Tae Kwon Do and a few other traditional arts.
- 1988-2004 Wing Chun and Jeet Kune Do. various styles of kali and escrima