Managing knife attacks presents how to use the Defencestick to protect yourself and escape from a knife attack.
Managing Knife Attacks covers:
- Recap elements of Preventing criminal contact.
- How to recognize when someone is pulling a knife.
- How to access an instrument.
- How to hold pointed instruments in reverse hold.
- Jabbing actions in reverse hold.
- Striking actions in reverse hold.
- Striking cardboard boxes with pens in reverse hold.
- Targeting an attacker.
- Countering a low thrust.
- Countering a high forehand strike.
- Countering a high backhand strike.
- Alternative targeting and escaping.
- Initiating a backhand escape.
(2 hours, light physical contact)