Escape before contact
Preventing criminal contact teaches how to attain the highest potential for preventing physical contact by learning to control the pre-contact phase with a well-rehearsed response. F.B.I. statistics report that 70 – 80% of assaults can be stopped by good verbal boundaries alone.
Preventing criminal contact role-playing course teach how to:
- Test for honest or dishonest intentions.
- Know how criminals think and operate.
- Deny them from gaining proximity to you.
- Maintain a safe zone.
- Respond (not react) when approached.
- See behind you without turning your head.
- Employ a protective posture.
- Escalate your responses.
- Convince them you are not vulnerable.
- Deny them from gaining good positioning.
- Stop someone who quickly steps in on you.
- Recognize signs of impending attack.
- Interrupt an attack